Undersheriff Tim Albin
The Undersheriff commands daily operations, and oversees the Internal Affairs unit and special events.
TCSO Start Date:
April 1, 1989
Law Enforcement History:
1989 to Present – Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office
A resident of Tulsa since 1977, Albin has been employed with the Tulsa County Sheriff's Office (TCSO) for 24 years. Moving up through the ranks of the Sheriff’s Office, he was sworn in as Undersheriff on May 29, 2012.
After serving in the United States Air Force and completing his Associate of Arts Degree in Criminal Justice Tim Albin joined the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office in 1989. Albin is a first generation D.A.R.E. Officer in the State of Oklahoma and instructed D.A.R.E. to other law enforcement officers from across the state. While serving as the Coordinator for the Tulsa County Reserve Deputy program, as a CLEET certified instructor, Albin trained many new officers.
In July 2005, when TCSO assumed supervision of the David L. Moss Criminal Justice Center, Albin became the first DLM Jail Administrator and was instrumental in the facility achieving accreditation by the American Correctional Association. The Oklahoma Sheriff’s Association named Albin the 2009 Jail Administrator of the Year.
• SWAT Commander for TCSO Special Operations Team
Supervisor of TCSO Reserves Unit
• Oklahoma Sheriffs’ Association’s 2009 Jail Administrator of the Year
Committee Associations and Positions:
• Assessor – American Correctional Association
• Member - Oklahoma Sheriff’s Association
• Member - National Sheriff’s Association
Education and Training:
• 228th Session of the FBI National Academy
• National Tactical Officers Training
• Private and Commercial Pilot licenses.
• B.S. in Management and Ethics - Mid American Christian University
• A.A. Degree in Criminal Justice - Oklahoma Junior College, El Reno