Biography of Chief Deputy Rick Weigel
The SOCO Chief Deputy is responsible for all functions of the Services, Operations and Courthouse Divisions.
TCSO Start Date:
May 1, 2008
Law Enforcement History:
2008 to Present – Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office
2007-2008 – Department of Homeland Security, Fusion Center, OKC
1972-2007 – Tulsa Police Department
The Services Chief Deputy oversees all areas of the:
- Services and Support Division - which includes Training, Human
Resources & Personnel, Property Room, SWAT, Reserve program, Chaplain Program, Records/Offender
Watch, Quartermaster, Grants, Travel, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and the Budget.
- Operations Division – includes the Criminal Investigations, Civil
and Patrol Services and Task Force units.
- Courts Division - includes Security services, Court guards and
Court holding for the Tulsa County Courthouse and Juvenile Bureau.
Prior to becoming Chief Deputy in 2011, Chief Weigel was the Administrative Captain at the David L. Moss Correctional Center. He was instrumental in the kitchen remodel at DLM, as well as overseeing the daily operations of the facility.
• Special Operations Commander
• Range Master
• Implemented TPD Patrol Rifle Program
Associations and Positions:
• Certified Intel Analyst
• Urban Area Security Initiative
• Leadership Tulsa
Education and Training:
• 35 years Special Operations Weapons & Tactics
• B.A. - University of Tulsa
• Graduate work - University of Tulsa